Summer is my absolute favorite season. I mean, who doesn’t love summer? It’s perfect in almost every way possible, but maybe that’s because I live in one of the best places to enjoy it. No School, Soccer everyday, great weather, waves crashing on the beach, cruising down the 101, enjoying a breakfast burrito, tan lines, hanging with friends, going on the boat, and simply living life up. It’s the perfect mix of ingredients for the best time. Here’s my list of top five things to do with friends during a summer in San Diego.
- Coronado – Also known as Crown Town, this place is the crown jewel in my heart and I spend a ton of my free time here. In between riding bikes around the island, 4th of July, and the #1 beach in the country, Coronado is the place to be.
- Indulge yourself in some Mexican food – Aside from being my all-time favorite, Mexican food is bomb here in San Diego. My top picks include: Miguels, Chili Peppers, Tio Leos, Don Panchos and Rubios (Hello Fish Taco’s). If you ever plan on visiting me, plan on going to these places as well.
- Go to the beach – Whether it’s Coronado or La Jolla or even Del Mar, San Diego has some of the best beaches in the country. I have so many fond memories at each of them and look forward to making more in the future. The beach is the perfect place for playing soccer, laying out, or catching a few waves. If the Sun and Surf isn’t for you, come after dark and enjoy bonfires – nothing smells like Summer like the Ocean and S’Mores.
- Take a Road Trip – L.A. and Santa Barbara are only a few hours away via Car and are such fun places to visit for the day. Along the way be sure to stop at the Rainbow Factory to pick up a pair of sandals – it’ll be worth the visit!
- Go to a Padres Game – Yes, they may be last in their conference and the league, but hey, a fan is a fan through thick and through thin. Petco Park is a fun stadium, there are no bad seats in the house and it’s downtown! After the game, hit up the Gaslamp district which is home to some pretty famous bars and restaurants.
If you’re ever in the SoCal ever be sure to stop by and say Hey! Hope you enjoy 🙂
Jam of the day: “Summer Girl” by Jessica Andrews