Desserts: I have a sweet tooth and am not afraid to admit it. There are just too many great bakeries, cupcake shops, and ice cream hangouts to list!
- 16 Handles – By far my favorite frozen yogurt in the city. A little expensive compared to the rest of the country, but I love it nonetheless. They currently have a Beer flavored yogurt!
- Max Brenner – Who doesn’t love a whole restaurant completely dedicated to chocolate? I definitely recommend making reservations for this restaurant otherwise you’ll be forced to wait; either way the wait is well worth it.
- Dylan’s Candy Bar – If you find yourself on the Upper West Side, Dylan’s is a super cool candy shop. Though it is over priced (what part of NY isn’t), definitely visit because of the candy steps and yummy treats.
- Big Gay Ice Cream – Not only is the place known for their tasty treats, but the names of their flavors are to die for. With both East Village and West Village locations, this spot aims to please.
- Molly’s Cupcakes – Winner of the Cupcake Wars, this Chicago expansion joint is home to a number of scrumptious cupcakes and other yummy desserts. With swings for seats and board games on the table, this nook is sure to bring out the kid at heart.
- Venieros – One of the oldest, if not the oldest, Italian bakeries in New York, this pastry shop always has a flow of customers in and out, especially on weekends. I pass by it each and every day on my way to work and am always tempted to grab a Cannoli!